×
Translated by
Nicola Mira
Published
Jan 23, 2018
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Buyers' presence grows 2.5% at Pitti Bimbo 86 childrenswear show

Translated by
Nicola Mira
Published
Jan 23, 2018

The latest edition of childrenswear show Pitti Bimbo in Florence, the 86th, which ended on 20th January, recorded a 2.5% increase in buyer attendance, for a total of 6,870 buyers, of whom 2,450 came from outside Italy. While the latter were equivalent to only a 1% rise, the Italian buyers' presence was on the upswing, growing 3.5% compared to the January 2017 edition, with the number of stores represented rising 5%.


Italian buyers flocked to Pitti Bimbo - pittimmagine.com


Russia was the show's top foreign market for buyers' presence, their number growing 4.5%, but stronger increases came from the USA (+18%), Greece (+17%), Japan (+12%), Spain (+11%) and the Ukraine (+9%), while attendance from France and China declined.

"Once again, Pitti Bimbo mirrored the energy and optimism pervading the international childrenswear market. The show was satisfactory, and highly appreciated for the creativity of the collections showcased by the exhibitors, for the number of top-notch buyers coming from over 60 countries, and for the investment on projects focusing on childrenswear's new lifestyle segments and on market-oriented services," said Raffaello Napoleone, CEO of Pitti Bimbo's organiser, Pitti Immagine. "Let me end with a mention for the showrooms featured at the event, over 40 of them, where exhibitors met privately with their top clients, and all of them very busy throughout the show's three days."

Copyright © 2023 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.