×
By
AFP
Published
Jul 28, 2009
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Crisis-hit French designer Lacroix 'confident'

By
AFP
Published
Jul 28, 2009

PARIS, July 28, 2009 (AFP) - French designer Christian Lacroix said Tuesday 28 July he was "confident" about the future of his embattled fashion house following talks with Industry Minister Christian Estrosi in Paris.


Photo: AFP/Pierre Verdy

"We had extremely positive discussions," Lacroix told reporters.

"I feel extremely supported. I feel confident... It's a support that frankly I wasn't expecting, at least not with such depth and rapidity," he added.

Italian retailer Borletti has emerged as the leading contender to take over the Christian Lacroix fashion house, which has been in administration since June, the company's court-appointed administrators said earlier.

A final decision on the company is expected in September.

Created in 1987 with the backing of the global luxury leader LVMH, which sold the house to Falic in 2005, the house of Lacroix made a loss of 10 million euros (14 million dollars) last year on sales of 30 million euros.

Copyright © 2022 AFP. All rights reserved. All information displayed in this section (dispatches, photographs, logos) are protected by intellectual property rights owned by Agence France-Presse. As a consequence you may not copy, reproduce, modify, transmit, publish, display or in any way commercially exploit any of the contents of this section without the prior written consent of Agence France-Presses.