×

Luxe Pack Shanghai postponed until July on coronavirus fears

Published
Feb 24, 2020
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Luxe Pack has announced the postponement of its planned Shanghai event on the back of the “recent cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) in China”.


Luxe Pack Shanghai had been due to take place in April



The event had been planned for April 8-9 and has now been rescheduled for July 7-8 at the Shanghai Exhibition Center.

The organisers said the decision has been made on advice and information from the “government and local authorities in China and consultation with partners, venue and local team. The health and safety of exhibitors, visitors and staff is of the utmost importance and the first priority”.

The epidemic has claimed more than 2,600 lives globally so far this year and most of those have been in China. And it has led to the postponement or cancellation of a number of major exhibitions internationally so far, with personal care sector tradeshow PCHi (that had also been due to take place in Shanghai) having been pulled this month and moved to June.

Luxe Pack Shanghai, which is the Chinese edition of the successful Monaco-based event, had said two months ago that 85% of its show floor space had been booked and it was predicting an exhibitor line-up of more than 200 companies.

Copyright © 2020 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.