×
Published
Dec 23, 2016
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Strenesse gets fresh start with new owners

Published
Dec 23, 2016

Following the approval of Germany’s Federal Cartel Office, Swiss holding company H2P AG will acquire 90 percent of Strenesse shares. The remaining 10 percent will go to Jürgen Gessler, who the brand said in a press release will become the new Strenesse CEO effective January 1. Gessler was head of Porsche Design until 2015.

The German media in Augsburg, Germany has reported that the local commercial register already lists a company called "Strenesse New GmbH". It is not yet known who is behind the Swiss holding company.

 


2017 soll für Strenesse das Jahr des Neubeginns werden - Foto: Strenesse

 

Various news reports posit that the previous owner, the Strehle family, will no longer play a role in the newly established Strenesse. This will probably also apply to the former head of Basler Fashion, Reiner Unkel. He told the Augsburger Allgemeine: “Strenesse and I are going our separate ways.”

Strenesse headquarters are to remain in Nördlingen, Germany. The current headquarters building will be leased. After many twists and turns in the bankruptcy proceedings, it now looks as if 2017 will give Strenesse a new start.

Copyright © 2021 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.