Antonio Berardi leaves LFW for new format, global shows
British fashion designer Antonio Berardi is reinventing the way he shows his collections by dropping the traditional catwalk show at London Fashion Week in favour of ‘more intimate salon-style formats’.
“I have been showing my collection in the traditional catwalk format since 1995 and I want to re-calibrate the way I communicate around my work. I want to tailor the experience, in the same way that I cut my clothes. That feeling of 'Up close and personal' , seeing things as they were intended in 360 degrees, and most of all, for my customer, the press and buyers, to have a moment to see the craft and intricacies that are part of my DNA,” said the designer as he announced the news on Thursday.
The changes will start from February 2018, with the brand showing its AW18 collection in its newly-launched studio space in Milan.
Afterwards, Berardi plans to stage similar events at different times of the year in the US, the Middle East and Europe, supporting its different seasonal collections. Social media will play a big part in the new strategy, with the brand planning to use its online networks to give customers more access to its global events.
“Social media allows me to take an ‘always on’ approach to my collection wherever I am in the world – broadcasting my clothes throughout the year, rather than in two 10 minute bursts; taking content produced in the most intimate and exclusive of environments, whilst ensuring it is also inclusive and brings my audience closer than ever to the clothes,” said Berardi.
Known mostly for his dresses, Berardi has previously showcased his collections in London, Milan and Paris. He said London “has been, and always will be a wonderful place to showcase my work”, and thanked the British Fashion Council for their support and loyalty.
Copyright © 2023 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.