Aug 29, 2017
TAG Heuer launches a large-scale exhibition in in ten cities around the world
Aug 29, 2017
Swiss watch brand TAG Heuer has announced the launch, on September 16, of the "Heuer Globetrotter" exhibition which is to be held in ten stores in cities all over the world: Paris, Geneva, Munich, Venice, Singapore Tokyo, Dubai, Hong Kong, Sydney and Miami.
Each of the ten simultaneous exhibitions will be marked by a theme that is specific to the city where it is held, and all of the exhibitions will be curated in close collaboration with local collectors.
No fewer than 400 vintage time pieces, sourced from Tag Heuer's museum in La Chau-de-Fonds, the Swiss town where the company is based, will go on show in the ten stores participating in the exhibition. For each city, TAG Heuer has chosen a specific theme, presenting a part of its extensive history, which has been marked by innovation, collaboration, sport, and, of course, creativity.
Enthusiasts, collectors, and the general public will have an opportunity to discover the watchmaker's heritage and its epoch-making timepieces. From pocket watches to dashboard-inspired wristwatches, including the Heuer Monaco worn by Steve McQueen in the film "Le Mans". And let's not forget the Mikrograph, the first stopwatch to record hundredths of a second, which was created in 1916.
An important aspect of the exhibition will be the role played by TAG Heuer collectors. Along with watches from the brand's museum, each of the stores will display a selection of 20 pieces chosen by a local collector and sourced from collectors in the region.
In Paris, the theme of the exhibition, which is set to run from September 16-30, will be “Classic Heuers”. On display will be a selection of timeless models from the Carrera to the Monaco, including the iconic Autavia. The TAG Heuer shop at 104 on the world-famous Champs-Élysées, will provide the venue for the Paris part of the show.
Geneva is to host an exhibition on “Great Inventions," Munich will dedicate its show to "Military Watches," Venice will focus on "Driving and Timing," Dubai will celebrate "Sailing and Diving," Singapore will look back on "Formula One," Hong Kong will display "Automobiles Pilots," Sydney will exhibit on Multi-sports," Tokyo will examine "Design throughout history” while Miami will present "Design."
List of exhibiting stores:
- Paris - TAG Heuer Paris Champs-Élysées - 104, avenue des Champs-Élysées.
- Genève - TAG Heuer Geneva - 9, rue Robert-Céard.
- Munich - TAG Heuer Munich Theatinerstrasse - Theatinerstrasse 44.
- Venice - TAG Heuer Venice - San Marco 1298.
- Dubai - TAG Heuer FR Dubai Mall - Gold Souk Atrium, Level G.
- Singapore - TAG Heuer Wisma Atria - 435 Orchard Road.
- Hong Kong - TAG Heuer Hong Kong Ocean Terminal - Shop OT213, level 2, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City.
- Sydney - TAG Heuer Westfield - 188 Pitt Street.
- Tokyo - TAG Heuer Tokyo Omotesando - 5-8-1 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Kanto district.
- Miami - TAG Heuer Miami District Design - 140 NE 39th Street, suite 109.
Copyright © 2023 AFP-Relaxnews. All rights reserved.